Monday, July 19, 2010

Wheat Harvest & a Masculine Card

Here's a quick and easy idea for a masculine card. I love the Square Lattice embossing folder for the Big Shot machine. And, I'm kind of laying low hanging out in the house today to avoid the heat and all the farm trucks out on the roads.

Yep, it is that time of year here in western Nebraska....time for wheat harvest. I live near the grain elevator as you can see from the photo of the my back yard with the tall white grain elevator peeking out over the treetops. I can hear the rumble of the trucks coming and going all day/night until the farmers get all the wheat out of the field. Of course there is always an urgency to do this once the wheat is ready and before any hail storms come. So you can't miss that window of opportunity. Here's a few picture of my son cutting wheat last year for my uncle.

And yes, next week I'll have to dust the entire house...see all the dust from the combine and we have lovely dirt streets in town too! I'll be going to convention tomorrow so it will just have to wait (as usual) ha!
Have a great summer day,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Shanda Stirk said...

Very nice card - great for guy! Tkhanks for sharing ...now following.