Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Convention thoughts......part 1:

Going to Stampin' Up! annual convention is one of the highlights of my summer. This was convention #14 for me. I always enjoy seeing stamping friends I have met over the years and rooming with friends in my upline and downline, we always seem to have so much fun.


Me, upline Kim, downline Joanne.



Highlights of convention for me this year was going early on check in day and having the entire sample display area almost to myself (everyone else was in line for Momento Mall). It was fun to take samples of everything that caught my eye and not have to wait for masses of people to get out of my road so I could take pictures. I was in this area for about 30 minutes and took tons of pictures.
>

Our annual lunch time swap with Sue Hyer and Deb Valder's group proved once again to be an awesome swap with very talented stampers.

Another thing I like to do at convention each year is find a new restaurant to try. This year I went to Dear Lizzie's with Deb Valder and Kathy and Amy in her downline. We enjoyed shopping in this adorable little shop and then sat down in the bistro for a little lunch. Amy purchased a gorgeous necklace to wear at awards night...Congrats Amy for placing high in the Rising Star Award! Here's a picture of my table while I was waiting for my sandwich to arrive. The place was decorated very fun with antiques, lace,& alot of shabby chic style deco. Lunch was delicious and I enjoyed a chocolate cupcake for dessert! YUM! Next time I go I would like to go for afternoon tea.

No comments: